This is a great summertime dessert. I can’t think of anything better than a yummy sugar cookie crust topped with fruits and a sweet glaze. Pick whatever fruits are in season – my favorite toppings are strawberries and kiwi. I’m not a huge fan of raspberries and blackberries, so I am putting those on this particular one in order to try not to eat it!
This doesn’t keep very well as the sugar cookie crust starts to get soggy, therefore it is a perfect dessert when there are lots of mouths to feed. I am taking this to the office tomorrow in order to celebrate one of our staff’s last day…hope she likes it!
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Fruits – use whatever you prefer
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 T corn starch
- 1/2 c orange juice
- 1/4 c water
- 2 T lemon juice
- Press cookie dough into a round pizza pan (I guess you could also do a square jelly roll pan too)
- Bake according to package directions – probably at 350 for 10 – 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Mix together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread on top of cooled cookie in an even layer.
- Top with fruit.
- For the glaze: combine ingredients and then bring to a boil and let simmer a few minutes. I do it in the microwave – heat for 2 minutes, whisk together, heat 2 minutes more and it should be thick.
- Store in refrigerator