This is an easy meal especially if you have leftover chicken and it makes 2 pies so you can freeze one for later. I often make this and eliminate the crust and bake it in one larger dish. The eggs themselves create a nice edge along the baking dish and I actually prefer this over the pie crust and it has the added bonus of being healthier. Thanks again to Jerrie for a great recipe!
- 2 pie crusts – frozen, refrigerated, or homemade
- Cooked chicken – chopped or pulled
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (since I’m picky I usually stick with extra cheddar)
- 5 eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk (I use fat free)
- 1/2 cup mayo (light)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Divide chicken, pepper, onion, broccoli and cheeses between the 2 pie crusts (or in one bigger baking dish if not using crust)
- Mix together eggs, evaporated milk, mayo, salt and pepper. Pour over pie crusts.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until they are set. Mine usually take a little longer.