Fiesta Chicken Casserole
This is the perfect casserole to serve post-superbowl! It will use up any leftover tortilla chips and Rotel tomatoes. It is also a great weeknight meal as it just requires stirring ingredients together and then baking. It does have a little spice to it because of the Rotel, so I’m sure you could substitute plain diced tomatoes if you prefer.
Fiesta Chicken Casserole (recipe from Plain Chicken)
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (98% fat free)
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1 T taco seasoning
- 2 T milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used less, you be the judge)
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×9 baking dish.
- Combine chicken, rice, tomatoes, soup, seasoning, milk and 1 1/2 cups cheese
- Pour into baking dish and cover. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top casserole with chips and remaining cheese. Return to oven for for 5 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted.