Bailey’s Chocolate Cupcakes
I needed some cupcakes for an office party last week and decided to experiment with adding Bailey’s Irish Cream to my cupcake batter and frosting. These were a hit and this is a super easy semi-homemade recipe! Surprisingly enough, I resisted eating these…talk about will power!
Bailey’s Chocolate Cupcake
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup Baileys
- Follow the directions on your cake mix box, but substitute buttermilk for the liquid called for, in equal amounts. I read this one time and now make the switch every time I use a cake mix. Add in the called for amount of oil and eggs and mix until combined.
- Stir in 1/3 cup Baileys.
- Scoop into lined cupcake tins about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake according to directions, likely at 350 for 16 minutes or so. Allow to cool before frosting.
Bailey’s Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 80z package cream cheese, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar (4 cups)
- 1/4 cup Baileys, or more
- 1 t vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in powdered sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in Bailey’s and vanilla. If the Bailey’s flavor isn’t strong enough for you, keep adding a little more (I think I may have ended up with 1/3 to 1/2 cups at the end!)
- Beat on high for a few minutes until frosting is light and fluffy.