Carrot Cake Cupcakes
April is full of birthdays in my office so I am a busy little bee baking. I made some carrot cake cupcakes for the first time and everyone seemed to enjoy them. I did not eat these and actually have never tasted carrot cake oddly enough. I figure why add one more dessert I might crave to the list if I don’t have to. 🙂
I was searching online for a recipe and then my Aunt Edna came to the rescue by sending me hers. I changed the recipe slightly by adding a little nutmeg and ground ginger.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 1 1/4 cups oil (canola or vegetable)
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups grated carrots (about equal to a 1lb bag)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease cake pans or line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- Stir together dry ingredients. Mix in oil and eggs until incorporated.
- Stir in carrots. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake cupcakes for about 14 minutes. My aunt said she does 3 layers for about 35 minutes each.
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting (my go-to frosting)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 160z/1lb box powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 t vanilla (I use a little extract and a little vanilla bean paste to get the bean specks)
- In large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat on high speed for a few minutes until light and fluffy.