Chili’s Queso Dip Copycat
I have had this recipe for a long time and finally got the chance to try it. I substituted the low fat velveeta and Hormel turkey chili in order to cut the fat a little. Was not quite the same as Chili’s dip, but pretty close. It super easy and you could leave in a crockpot for parties or tailgates. Will be perfect for fall football watching! (The picture isn’t the best…didn’t quite know how to photograph a bowl of cheese haha)
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese
- 1 15 oz can Hormel Chili (no beans)
- 1 c milk
- 4 t chili powder
- 2 t paprika
- 1 T lime juice
- 1/2 t ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- Cut Velveeta into cubes. Combine cheese with remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir frequently until cheese melts, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 min.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips for dipping.