The picture doesn’t look very appetizing, however this recipe is completely sinful and should only be made once a year. It was very good and even better than some restaurant versions I have tasted!! I would love to experiment with finding a healthier version, but I had some leftover cream so figured why not indulge. I made some grilled chicken to top it with, but this would be even better with roasted veggies.
Side note: I always thought it was fettucini but instead found online it is fettuccine…not sure which is right but I’m going with fettuccine because my spell check says so.
Fettuccine Alfredo (adapated from the Pioneer Woman)
- 1/2 stick of butter (I think you could use less)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Parmesan cheese, shredded (2ish cups)
- Pasta noodles (reserve cooking water)
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and add in garlic and saute over medium low heat. Try not to let garlic burn. Add in cream and season with ground black pepper. Let it sit on low heat until pasta is ready so the sauce remains hot.
- Once sauce is done, cook pasta according to package directions. Make sure to reserve some of the starchy water before draining.
- In a serving bowl, place 1 cup of parmesan cheese in the bottom. Pour cream sauce over the cheese and let it sit a minute.
- Drain pasta and pour immediately into bowl. Toss and sprinkle with more parmesan if desired. If the mixture is thick and gloppy, thin out with some of the reserved pasta water.
For step by step pictures, check out The Pioneer Woman’s recipe.