Chicken Tortilla Casserole
I was watching the Food Network this weekend and saw Trisha Yearwood make this casserole on her show. I changed up the recipe a little by using canned cream of chicken soup, but it had a great flavor and was very easy. This would be a great weeknight dinner, especially if you have your chicken already cooked or use a rotisserie chicken.
Chicken Tortilla Casserole (adapted from Trisha Yearwood)
- 24 soft corn tortillas
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except chicken, tortillas and cheese.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Allow to cook for a few minutes until onions are soft.
- Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick spray. Spread one cup of soup mixture on bottom of dish.
- Arrange 6 tortillas over the soup, top with 1 cup shredded chicken and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Top with soup mixture. Repeat these layers three more tops, ending with chicken/cheese and soup mixture on top. Make sure all tortillas are covered or they will get hard when baking.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!