Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing
It is that time of year that pumpkin food items appear everywhere. I decided to try a new pumpkin bar recipe, as I usually just stick with my go to Pumpkin Gooey Cake. These were a hit and even my anti-pumpkin husband liked them. I really think adding cinnamon to the cream cheese icing is what makes these extra special.
(best if made a day in advance)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 t nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In large bowl, beat eggs and add sugar.
- Mix in oil and pumpkin.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour into greased jelly roll pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then frost.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 t cinnamon
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Mix in remaining ingredients (start with 1 t cinnamon and add more to your liking). Beat on high for a few minutes to make it light and fluffy.