Baked Spaghetti with Cream Cheese
This recipe is a new spin on the spaghetti pie that was once in our dinner rotation. I found I had everything on hand to make it, so no grocery run required! That makes the recipe even better in my opinion. It is also easy to freeze, either before you bake it or as individual portions with the leftovers.
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey, italian sausage, etc)
- 1 28oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 box spaghetti noodles (I used 12 oz box of bucatini – spaghetti with hole in the middle)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 t garlic
- 1 t italian seasoning
- 1 t basil
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded (I always use fresh mozzarella now but any will do)
- Brown beef in skillet and drain fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Cook pasta according to directions. Once done, drain and add back to pot or a mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese, garlic and herbs and stir until the cream cheese is melted and coats the spaghetti. I didn’t want it to be overly coated so I only used 4oz cream cheese, but use more if you prefer.
- Spray a 13×9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on bottom. Add spaghetti mixture and make sure it is evenly distributed. Top with remaining sauce.
- Top the casserole with mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes, or until heated throughout and the cheese is melted.